English Conversation – Wonders of the World
Sunday, December 27, 2015 @ 07:12 PM
Various lists of “Wonders of the World” have been compiled, which include sites from the past to the present day. They catalogue the world’s most spectacular man-made and natural wonders. In this topic, we are looking at the new 7 Wonders of the World, a set of man-made structures that were chosen from a selection of 200 existing monuments around the world. More than 100 million people voted in order to decide on the final 7.
Video showing the 7 Wonders of the World
List of the 7 wonders:
- The Great Wall of China
- Chichen Itza, pyramid, Mexico
- Taj Mahal, India
- Petra, Jordan
- Machu Pichu, Peru
- The Colosseum, Rome
- Christ the Redeemer, Brazil
- Do you think the 7 “wonders of the world” are a good choice?
- Have you been to any of them?
- Which wonder would you most like to visit?
- Do you think there are any monuments that should be on the list but are not?
- Are there any monuments that you think should not be on the list?
- Why do you think people voted for these wonders?
- What other site do you think should be made a ‘wonder’?
- What are some man-made wonders in your country?
- Do you think there should be more than 7 “wonders of the world”?
- Is it important to have an official list of the “wonders of the world”?
- What benefits do you think it brings to the country to have a monument listed as a wonder?
- If you could design a “wonder of the world”, what would you design?
- What makes a wonder a wonder?
- What do you think future “wonders of the world” will look like?
- Which would you prefer to see, human wonders or natural wonders?
- What are the qualities of an object that is considered a “wonder of the world”?