English Conversation – Toys and Games
Sunday, August 14, 2016 @ 03:08 PM
A game is structured form of play, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. A toy is an object that can be used for play. Unlike games, there are no rules involved in playing with a toy.
Video about Toys
- Do you agree with the advice given in this video? Why? Why not?
- Do you think experiences are better than toys?
- What do you think she meant by ‘busting out’?
- What kind of games did you play when you were a child?
- What games are popular in your country today?
- What kinds of games were popular when you were young?
- Do you think adults should play games?
- What do children learn from games?
- Do you think mental games like chess are good for you?
- What toys did you like to play with as a child?
- What was your favourite toy?
- What’s a popular game you used to play as a child?
- Did you have a toy that was special to you as a child?
- Do you think it's important for boys to play with boys' toys and for girls to only play with girls' toys?
- Do you think it's good if parents only buy educational toys for their children?
- What are the differences between the games boys like to play and those girls like to play?
- Do different age groups of people like to play different games?
- How have games changed from the time when you were a child?
- Do you think this has been a positive change? Why?
- Why do you think children like playing games?
- Do you think competitive games are good or bad for children? In what ways?
- How can games sometimes help to unite people?
- Why is competition often seen as important in today’s society?
- What do you think are the benefits of children’s games?
- Nowadays children have less and less time for outdoor games, why do you think this is?
- What is the difference between games nowadays and in the past?
- What are some negative aspects of games?