English Conversation – Knowledge
This is the preparation material for an English conversation lesson about knowledge. Knowledge is the understading of a topic or subject. It can be theoretical knowledge, like the knowledge we get from reading a book, or it can be practical knowledge, which we get from doing and practicing things. Some people think knowledge and wisdom are the same, but others say that a person with knowledge can be without wisdom. Wisdom is the ability to make correct judgents and decisions.
Video about Knowledge and Wisdom
Idioms and Expressions
- Knowledge is power – the more you know, the more you can control
- Common knowledge – something that is well-known to everyone
- As far as I know – to the limits of one’s knowledge
- To know something inside out – to know something very well
- To know something like the back of your hand – to know something very well
- Two heads are better than one – the idea that more than one mind working on a problem will solve it faster
- What’s the best way to increase your knowledge?
- What is something you would like to have more knowledge about?
- What is the most useful knowledge to have?
- Is there any knowledge which is useless?
- Do you have more knowledge about life than your other family members?
- What important knowledge do you want to pass on to your children?
- Do you think people with a lot of knowledge are wise?
- What’s better to have, great imagination or lots of knowledge?
- Are people born with a better ability to learn knowledge than others?
- Have you ever been frustrated because of a lack of knowledge?
- Do you ever impress people with your knowledge?
- What’s the difference between knowledge and education?
- Is knowledge important?
- What subject are you most knowledgeable about?
- What subject would you like to be most knowledgeable about?
- People say knowledge is power – is this true?
- Is all knowledge useful?
- Are you good at general knowledge questions?
- What’s the biggest threat to society, knowledge or ignorance?