Answers to English Lesson – Driver lost for three days in the snow
Here are the answers to yesterday’s English Lesson – ‘Driver lost for three days in the snow’. If you require any help or clarifications please ask me.
1. How did Mr Bellazrak become lost?
The snowy conditions confused him and his satellite navigation system was broken.
2. Make a list of the main events that happened in this story.
- Mr Bellazrak dropped his wife at Gatwick Airport
- Mr Bellazrak became lost on his way home after getting confused in the snowy conditions
- His family reported him missing
- Police in Oxfordshire, using number-plate recognition systems, were able to find Mr Bellazrak and get him home in time for Christmas.
3. What adjectives could you use to describe how Mr Bellazrak might have felt during the 3 days he was lost?
worried, frustrated, scared, annoyed, concerned, anxious, miserable
[You may have thought of some other words too!]
- The doctor’s analysis of his blood took a week.
- A nuclear war might be apocalyptic.
- The whiskey affected his driving and he crashed the car.
- Computer technology improves every year.
- The visit to the fun park was a real treat.
- The complex equations confused me.
Focus on Grammar
- Driver lost for three days in the snow Mohammed Bellazrak’s Christmas treat this year was simply getting home, after spending three days trying to get back in the snow.
- Police in Oxfordshire, using number-plate recognition systems, were finally able to flag down Mr Bellazrak and get him home on the big day.
Here are two example sentences, however, there are many possible answers. If you would like me to check yours, feel free to add a comment with your sentences and I will check them.
1. He explained the lesson simply.
2. I am finally buying a new car.