English Conversation – Wonders of the World
Various lists of “Wonders of the World” have been compiled, which include sites from the past to the present day. They catalogue the world’s most spectacular man-made and natural wonders. In this topic, we are looking at the new 7 Wonders of the World, a set of man-made structures that were chosen from a selection of 200 existing monuments around the world. More than 100 million people voted in order to decide on the final 7.
Video showing the 7 Wonders of the World
List of the 7 wonders:
- The Great Wall of China
- Chichen Itza, pyramid, Mexico
- Taj Mahal, India
- Petra, Jordan
- Machu Pichu, Peru
- The Colosseum, Rome
- Christ the Redeemer, Brazil
- Do you think the 7 “wonders of the world” are a good choice?
- Have you been to any of them?
- Which wonder would you most like to visit?
- Do you think there are any monuments that should be on the list but are not?
- Are there any monuments that you think should not be on the list?
- Why do you think people voted for these wonders?
- What other site do you think should be made a ‘wonder’?
- What are some man-made wonders in your country?
- Do you think there should be more than 7 “wonders of the world”?
- Is it important to have an official list of the “wonders of the world”?
- What benefits do you think it brings to the country to have a monument listed as a wonder?
- If you could design a “wonder of the world”, what would you design?
- What makes a wonder a wonder?
- What do you think future “wonders of the world” will look like?
- Which would you prefer to see, human wonders or natural wonders?
- What are the qualities of an object that is considered a “wonder of the world”?