English Conversation – Stress
Stress is the feeling of being under too much mental or emotional pressure and makes us feel unable to cope with something. Many things can cause stress, particularly work, relationships and financial problems. Stress can affect how we think, feel, and behave, and can even affect our health. Common signs of stress include sleeping problems, loss of appetite and having difficulty concentrating. Luckily, there are many things we can do to help relieve stress, such as getting exercise, talking with friends, starting a new hobby, or owning a pet.
Video about Stress
- Do you believe that stress can really kill?
- Have you experienced a reduction in stress when spending time with friends?
- To reach your limits – to reach a point where you cannot cope with anything more
- To be up to your neck in something – to be overwhelmed by something (usually work).
- Snowed under – to have so much work that it is difficult to manage
- To have too much on your plate – to be overburdened with work
- To be burnt out – to be exhausted from doing too much
- What do you think causes stress?
- What are some things that make you feel stressed?
- What do you do to relieve your stress?
- Is learning English stressful?
- Is life becoming more or less stressful for people?
- Do you think technology is stressful?
- How dangerous do you think stress is?
- Does watching the news make you stressed?
- Can stress be a positive thing?
- Do you have trouble sleeping when you are stressed?
- Have you ever helped someone who was feeling stressed?
- Do you think stress is ever good, useful, or necessary? Why or why not?
- Do you feel stressed when you are very busy?
- What situations do you find stressful?
- Do you feel tense when you meet someone for the first time?
- Do you get nervous if you have to make a speech?
- Do you suffer from stress when you have too much work to do?
- Do you work or study for long hours under stressful conditions?
- Does the place you live have a low-stress environment?
- How can you live a stress free life?
- When stressed do you like to listen to a certain kind of music?
- Do you like to be alone or be with other people when you are stressed?
- Do you eat more or eat less?
- What are some positive ways people deal with stress?
- What are some negative ways people deal with stress?
- What is the most stressful job you can think of?
- Which would you choose: A stressful job with very high pay or a relaxing job with considerably low pay? Why?