English Conversation – Natural Wonders of the World
Various lists of “Wonders of the World” have been compiled, which include sites from the past to the present day. They catalogue the world’s most spectacular man-made and natural wonders. In this topic, we are looking at 7 Natural Wonders of the World, a set of spectacular sites in nature across the globe.
Video showing the 7 Natural Wonders of the World
List of the 7 natural wonders
- Mount Everest in Nepal.
- Victoria Falls in Zambia/Zimbabwe.
- Grand Canyon in Arizona, USA.
- Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- Northern Lights.
- Paricutin volcano in Mexico.
- Harbor of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Do you think the 7 “natural wonders of the world” are a good choice?
- Have you been to any of them?
- Which wonder would you most like to visit?
- Do you think there are any sites that should be on the list but are not?
- Are there any sites that you think should not be on the list?
- Why do you think people voted for these wonders?
- What other site do you think should be made a natural wonder?
- What are some natural wonders in your country?
- Do you think any of the natural wonders are in danger from climate change?
- Do you think there should be more than 7 “natural wonders of the world”?
- Is it important to have an official list of the “natural wonders of the world”?
- What benefits do you think it brings to the country to have a site listed as a wonder?
- Which would you prefer to see, human wonders or natural wonders?
- What are the qualities of a site that is considered a “natural wonder of the world”?
- Why is it important to protect natural wonders?