English Conversation – Homes
A home is a dwelling place used as a permanent or semi-permanent residence for an individual, family, household or several families together. It is usually a house or apartment, but some people live in other types of homes, like a caravan, houseboat, cabin, or yurt. Homes typically provide areas and facilities for sleeping, preparing food, eating and hygiene.
Video about Unusual Homes
- Which home did you find the most surprising?
- Would you like to live in any of the homes that were shown? Why?
- Which home would you least like to live in?
- Do you live in a house or an apartment?
- Describe your home.
- What do you like about your home?
- What kind of building do you live in?
- How long have you lived there?
- What sort of accommodation would you most like to live in?
- Would you like to move home? Why/ why not?
- What is your favourite room in your home? Why?
- How long do you think you will continue living in your present accommodation?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a house compared to an apartment?
- What would your dream home be like?
- Is there anything you would like to change or improve about your home?
- Describe how homes are different in different countries?
- Do you prefer modern or traditional homes? Why?
- Would you ever like to live in an unusual home, like those shown in the video?
- What do you think it would be like living in a mobile home and moving from place to place?
- What do you think it would be like living in a houseboat?