English Conversation – Culture
This is an English conversation lesson about culture and nationality. Listen to an audio discussion about adapting to other cultures, learn vocabulay and expressions associated with culture and discover how to answer the most common questions that people may ask about this interesting subject.
Culture shock - the feeling of being confused or anxious that you get when you visit a foreign country or a place that is very different from the one you are used to.
Multiculturalism - the belief that it is important and good to include people or ideas from many different countries, races, or religions
Audio Discussion about Culture
Conversation questions about culture
- When people from other countries think about your culture, what do they usually think of?
- Have you ever experienced culture shock?
- What does it mean to be polite in your culture?
- What is considered rude in your culture?
- What has surprised you when you've met people from other countries?
- Have you ever felt confused by the actions of someone from another culture?
- What are the most important values of your culture?
- What in your culture are you most proud about?
- Do you think that people should adapt to the customs and culture of the country they are visiting?
- Are there any occasions when you think someone shouldn’t have to adapt?
- What do you think is important when visiting another culture?
- If a group of people just came to your country from overseas, what advice would you give them?
- What culture besides your own do you admire? Why?
- What is the best/most important thing your culture has given to the world?
- What are some things that define a culture? For example, music, language, etc ...
- Do you think multiculturalism can result in a country losing its identity?