English Conversation – Creativity
This is the preparation material for an English conversation lesson about creativity. Creativity is about turning new ideas into reality. It involves two steps: thinking of an idea and then creating it. If you have ideas but don’t create them, you are imaginative but not creative. There are many different ways people express creativity. It can be expressed through art, cooking, designing, fashion, architecture, and business ideas and inventions. The world would be a very boring place without creativity.
Video about Creativity
- Do you agree with the speaker that creativity can be taught? Why/Why not?
- Do you think pottery looks easy or difficult? Would you like to try it?
- What is creativity?
- Are you a creative person?
- What are some creative activities that you enjoy doing?
- Do you think children should be encouraged to do creative activities? Why?
- Is creativity something people are born with?
- Did you have a good imagination when you were a child?
- Do you think it is good for children to daydream?
- What are some ways that a person can be creative?
- What are some creative ways to entertain children?
- Can you think of a device that would make people's life easier?
- Do you like to be creative when you cook?
- What conditions does a person need in order to be creative?
- Does the education system in your country encourage creativity? How?
- What creative activities did you do as a child?
- Who are some of history's most creative people?
- Do you think ancient people were more creative than we are now?
- Why is creativity important?
- Who is the most creative person you know? What kind of things does he or she do?
- Are you good at thinking outside the box?
- Is there any creative architecture in your city?
- How can creativity be fostered?