Business English – Sustainable Business
This is the preparation material for a Business English conversation topic about Sustainable Business. Sustainable business (or green business) is doing business in a way that has no negative impact on the local or global environment, community or society. In general, a business is sustainable if it considers sustainability when making business decisions, supplies environmentally friendly products or services and has made a commitment to environmental principles in its business operations. Nowadays, more and more companies are trying to conduct their business in a sustainable way.
Video about Sustainable Business
- What do you think about Unilever’s strategy?
- Would you be more likely to buy a Unilever product knowing that they working to improve their environmental impact?
- What do you think is meant by ‘growth at any cost’?
- Have you ever worked for a company with good sustainable practices?
- What are some of the things the company did to reduce their environmental impact?
- Would you work for a company that was known to have a bad environmental record?
- What are some ways that companies can decrease the environmental harm caused by the production of their goods?
- What are some ways that companies can decrease the environmental impact of packaging?
- Do you think the transition from letter writing to email writing has reduced companies’ environmental impact?
- What should companies consider regarding the transport of their products?
- Do you think that companies who are more environmentally friendly have lower profits?
- Would you be prepared to pay a higher price for a product that is more environmentally friendly?
- Do you think companies should be forced to report on their environmental impact?
- Should all CEOS be trained in environmental issues?
- Do you think environmental issues are mainly the responsibility of the managers and directors or are employees also responsible?
- What could employees do if management is not committed to helping the environment?
- Do you think consumers really care about sustainability?
- What incentives do you think would encourage consumers to buy more environmentally friendly goods?
- Do you think the labelling of products would help?
- Should companies be forced to reduce their environmental impact or should it be optional?
- Do you think more regulations deliver a sustainable world?