Business English – Doing Business Online
This is the preparation material for a Business English topic about doing business online. Getting a business online can provide new opportunities and benefits. There are many different ways to do business online. Depending on the products and customers, some may plan to run their entire business online. Others may decide to provide just some services online. Customers will expect you to have a website where they can find information about the business, such as contact details and what products or services are offered.
- What do you think of Jeff's idea to compete against yourself? Do you think this would work?
- What are the benefits for a business to go online?
- What are some different online services that a business can offer?
- What factors should a business consider when planning to go online?
- What are the environmental benefits of doing business online?
- Do you ever shop online? If so, what goods and services do you buy?
- Are you concerned about internet security when you buy goods online?
- How can you protect your security when shopping online?
- Have you ever returned an item you have bought online? Why?
- Have you had any other difficulties with ordering online?
- Do you compare prices and research products online before buying it in a store?
- Have you ever sold anything on the internet? Did you have any problems?
- Have you done any other business over the internet?
- What are some ways that people can promote their online business?
- What’s your opinion about internet advertising?
- What products or services do not sell well on the internet?
- Do you think there will be a time when we will do all our shopping online?
- As a customer, how does online shopping compare to the real thing?
- What features do you look for in a website when buying online?
- How do online businesses make the market competitive?