Answers to English Lesson – 100-Year-Old Whisky Returned to Scotland
Here are the answers to yesterday’s English Lesson – ‘100-year-old Whisky Returns to Scotland'. If you require any help or clarifications please ask me.
1. (b) Antarctic
2. (d) 2007
3. (b) three bottles
- 1896 or 1897 - The whisky was made in Scotland
- 1907 – Ernest Shackleton went on an expedition to the Antarctic and buried several crates of Scottish whisky.
- 2007 – The bottles of whisky were discovered.
- 2010 – One crate of whisky was taken to Christchurch, New Zealand.
- 2011 - Vijay Mallya brought three bottles of whisky from New Zealand to Scotland.
- He tucked the gloves into his pocket.
- His show was a modest success.
- Columbus discovered America
- That plane doesn't carry passengers, only cargo.
- He drank too much liquor and fell asleep in his chair.
- I wish I could recreate that wonderful weekend in Paris.
Focus on Grammar
- studied, returned
- discovered, tucked, built, failed
Practice - Sentence Writing
- The bird flew above the trees.
- I studied for my exams / I returned a book to the library.
- I brought a bottle of wine to dinner.
- The dog buried a bone in the garden
- I discovered a secret path in the forest / He tucked his shirt in / He built a house in the mountains / I failed my science test.